Nothing quite adds the punch to a fine meal like a delicious dessert that shocks the taste buds and gives you a heady sensation. Yes, we’re referring to yummy after-meal goodies that contain a ‘healthy’ dose of liquor! Liquor can be effectively used as an ingredient in a variety of desserts, including cakes, biscotti, brownies, fudges, ice creams, mousses, crème brûlées, pies and more. Ready for an amazing mouth-watering experience? Try these simple but addictive desserts today and have your friends and loved ones begging for more in no time!
Traditionally, this delicacy is made by soaking dry fruit in Rum for months and then mixing them in dough containing caramelized sugar. But worry not, here’s a fool-proof recipe for making Rum cake on the go.
For the cake:
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 pack of yellow cake mix
½ cup dark Rum
½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
1 pack of instant vanilla pudding mix
For the glaze:
½ cup butter
1/8th cup water
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup Rum
- Pre-heat your oven to 165 degrees Celsius, then grease and flour a cake pan. Sprinkle the walnuts over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the cake mix, Rum, eggs, water, oil and vanilla pudding mix. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for an hour. Cool and invert the cake on a serving plate. Prick the top of the cake to check its consistency.
- For the glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the water and sugar and stir constantly for 5 minutes as the mixture continues to boil. Now take off the pan from the stove, add the Rum and stir. Pour this mixture evenly over the top of the cake and spread and smoothen it across the top and sides.
And voilà, you have lip-smacking Rum cake, ready to serve hot!
Get superb dark Rums that can truly make this dessert fantastic, at Bengaluru Duty Free. Pre-order the Bacardi Black for just $21 at http://bit.ly/1yuOosd and the Captain Morgan Black Label for just $17 at http://bit.ly/1wh6fx9.
Irish Cream ice cream
Who doesn’t love ice cream? There are few things in this world as pleasant and soothing as a cup of fresh and delicious vanilla ice cream. But wait, it can get better. All you need to heighten the already sublime experience of eating ice cream is to add some rich Bailey’s Irish Cream and you’re set for a truly magical experience. Try it out to see what we mean.
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
3/4th cup granulated sugar
2 shots Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Freeze the ingredients in their suggested quantities for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once everything is chilled adequately, mix it all together in a medium bowl and whisk/beat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Now keep this mixture back in the freezer and chill well for an hour.
Ready to serve? Prepare for an ice cream experience like no other.
Image source: http://betterbatter.org/drunken-brownies
Brownies are one of the most popular dessert choices, perfect for an afternoon bite with your tea or coffee or even post dinner to mellow out a rich spice-filled meal. So what better way to unwind than with a rich brownie that overflows not only with the essence of chocolate but also that of Vodka? Yes, you heard right: the potent combination of chocolate and Vodka makes for a tantalizing dessert dish that completely revitalizes your palate. Wish to experience this sinful delight? Follow this simple recipe!
½ cup dark chocolate
½ cup butter (extra for greasing the pan)
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup Vodka
2 large eggs
1 cup flour
- Melt butter and chocolate. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add sugar and whisk again.
- Add Vodka and allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the eggs to the cooled mixture and whisk.
- Add the flour in two batches and mix again each time to ensure the batter is uniformly smooth.
- Transfer this batter to a greased pan and bake at 180 degree Celsius for about 25 minutes. Prick the top of the baked brownie to ensure that it comes out almost, but not completely, clean. Unlike a cake, the centre should be a bit moist and gooey.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, then cut into rectangles and serve.
You’re now ready for the ultimate tea party!
Try these great desserts today and wow yourself and your friends and loved ones. Bon appetit!