This seems to be one of Bangalore’s best kept secrets. Bengaluru International Airport (BIA), is just not yet another busy international airport – less known fact is that BIA is also one of Bangalore’s finest shopping destination. BIA not only offers a unique duty free shopping experience for its travelers but it also offers one of the best value for money shopping.
The duty free shopping at BIA is operated by Swiss-based Nuance Group. The Nuance Group is a leader in the travel retail; it enhances the shopping experience of millions of travelers around the globe each day. Its portfolio includes 373 outlets across 56 airports and 17 countries around the globe. No matter which airport you pass through, be it Singapore, Hongkong, Sydney, London Heathrow or Zurich or Chicago or Stockholm for that matter…for sure you will be surprised to know that they are all operated by The Nuance Group.
The duty free shopping at BIAL offers quite an experiential shopping. BIAL airport is one amongst the only four airports in the world ( ie Zurich, that has the Lindt chocolate counter. At the counter you can witness the Maîtres Chocolatier (master chocolate maker) prepare the world’s best chocolate right in front of you and treat yourself to fine chocolates for absolutely free.
The Spirit of India a part of the “Duty Free Shopping” offers a variety of ethnic merchandise from handicrafts to fashions to a vacation souvenir, etc. If one is looking to buy a gift for your loved ones or just care to take a piece of India with them, Spirit of India has it all. It offers “authentic Indian craftsmanship at great value and convenience”.
If you are on the lookout for exclusive beverage be it Johnnie Walker Double Black Label to Louis XIII de Remy Martin Cognac to Hennessey Richard all your exotic favorites are right here.
Some of the popular brands available at BIA are:
• Liquor: Johnnie Walker, Jack Daniels, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Lagavulin, etc.
• Tobacco: Marlboro, Benson & Hedges, Davidoff, Gauloises, Lambert & Butler, etc.
• Cosmetics: Channel, Dior, Guerlain, La Prairie, Lancôme, Kama, Khadi, etc.
• Perfumes: Hugo Boss, Dunhill, Issey Miyake, Jean Paul Gaul tier, D&G, Cashmere Mist, etc.
• Fashion accessories: Vogue, Monkey and Monkey, Prada, Emporio Armani, etc.
• Electronics: Sony
• Confectionary: Lindt, After Eights, Bassetts, Snickers, Solen, Jus Trufs, Goldkenn, etc.